Duties of council
The duties of the Health Information Technology Oversight Council are to:
(1) Identify and make specific recommendations related to health information technology to the Oregon Health Policy Board to achieve the goals of the Oregon Integrated and Coordinated Health Care Delivery System established by ORS 414.620 (System established).
(2) Regularly review and report to the board on the Oregon Health Authority’s health information technology efforts, including the Oregon Health Information Technology program, toward achieving the goals of the Oregon Integrated and Coordinated Health Care Delivery System.
(3) Regularly review and report to the board on the efforts of local, regional and statewide organizations to participate in health information technology systems.
(4) Regularly review and report to the board on this state’s progress in the adoption and use of health information technology by health care providers, health systems, patients and other users.
(5) Advise the board or the Oregon Congressional Delegation on changes to federal laws affecting health information technology that will promote this state’s efforts in utilizing health information technology. [2009 c.595 §1171; 2015 c.243 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.