Oregon Health Authority director
(1) The Oregon Health Authority is under the supervision and control of a director, who is responsible for performing the duties, functions and powers of the authority.
(2) The Governor shall appoint the Director of the Oregon Health Authority, who holds office at the pleasure of the Governor. The appointment of the director is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner provided by ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(3) In addition to the procurement authority granted by ORS 279A.050 (Procurement authority) (6)(b) and except as provided in ORS 279A.050 (Procurement authority) (7), the director has all powers necessary to effectively and expeditiously carry out the duties, functions and powers vested in the authority by ORS 413.032 (Establishment of Oregon Health Authority).
(4) The director shall have the power to obtain such other services as the director considers necessary or desirable, including participation in organizations of state insurance supervisory officials and appointment of advisory committees. A member of an advisory committee so appointed may not receive compensation for services as a member, but, subject to any other applicable law regulating travel and other expenses of state officers, shall receive actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in performing official duties.
(5) The director may apply for, receive and accept grants, gifts or other payments, including property or services from any governmental or other public or private person, and may make arrangement to use the receipts, including for undertaking special studies and other projects that relate to the costs of health care, access to health care, public health and health care reform. [2009 c.595 §11; 2011 c.720 §126a; 2012 c.38 §16; 2015 c.167 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information