2017 ORS 411.970¹
When bilingual services required

(1) As used in this section:

(a) “Non-English-speaking household” means a household that does not have an adult member who is fluent in English.

(b) “Written materials” includes all forms, notices and other documents that the Department of Human Services or the Oregon Health Authority provides to any English-speaking client for the establishment, maintenance and explanation of eligibility for public assistance or medical assistance.

(2) If a Department of Human Services local office has a caseload that consists of 35 or more non-English-speaking households that share the same language, the department shall provide at the local office written materials in that language and access to a bilingual assistance worker or caseworker who is fluent in both that language and English.

(3) The Personnel Division of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall recruit qualified individuals and shall maintain lists of such individuals for purposes of meeting the requirements of this section. [Formerly 411.062; 2013 c.688 §65]

Chapter 411

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Public Welfare Division records showing cost of medical services to welfare recipients as public records, (1972) Vol 35, p 1143

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 411—Public Assistance and Medical Assistance, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors411.­html (2017) (last ac­cessed Mar. 30, 2018).
2 Legislative Counsel Committee, Annotations to the Oregon Revised Stat­utes, Cumulative Supplement - 2017, Chapter 411, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ano411.­html (2017) (last ac­cessed Mar. 30, 2018).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.