Eligibility for and amount of assistance
- • rules
The Department of Human Services shall adopt rules conforming to federal laws and regulations required to be observed in maintaining the eligibility of this state to receive from the federal government, and to issue supplemental nutrition assistance under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Rules adopted by the department pursuant to this section shall relate to and include, but shall not be limited to:
(1) The classifications of and requirements of eligibility for individuals and households to receive supplemental nutrition assistance under the program. The limitations upon the income and resources of individuals and households established as requirements of eligibility under this section shall not exceed the maximum limitations on income and resources allowable under federal laws, rules and regulations;
(2) The periods during which individuals and households shall be certified or recertified to be eligible to receive supplemental nutrition assistance under the program;
(3) The amount of supplemental nutrition assistance to be issued or allotted to recipients, with respect to any period, under the program;
(4) Periodic redetermination and review of the eligibility of recipients to receive supplemental nutrition assistance under the program;
(5) Cancellation of certifications issued for, and adjustment of the numbers of individuals in any household eligible to receive supplemental nutrition assistance issued to recipients under the program for any period in accordance with changes of circumstances in individual cases; and
(6) Procedures to review, on the basis of substantial hardship, request for such adjustments. [1963 c.599 §7 (enacted in lieu of 411.815); 1969 c.571 §1; 1989 c.942 §2; 1997 c.581 §11; 2009 c.599 §2]
Note: Sections 1 and 2, chapter 220, Oregon Laws 2017, provide:
Sec. 1. (1) No later than 90 days after the effective date of this 2017 Act [October 6, 2017], the Department of Human Services shall submit to the United States Department of Agriculture a request for approval to waive the requirements of 7 U.S.C. 2014(d)(18) in order to exclude monthly distributions of an advance payment of the tax credit available for dependent care under ORS 315.264 (Working family household and dependent care expenses) from consideration in determining eligibility for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance.
(2) The department shall report the status of the request to the Legislative Assembly no later than September 15, 2018, and annually thereafter until September 15 following the date that the United States Department of Agriculture approves or denies the request for waiver. [2017 c.220 §1]
Sec. 2. Section 1 of this 2017 Act is repealed on January 1, 2023. [2017 c.220 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.