Application for medical assistance
(1) An application for any category of aid shall also constitute an application for medical assistance.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (6) of this section, the Department of Human Services and the Oregon Health Authority shall accept an application for medical assistance and any required verification of eligibility from the applicant, an adult who is in the applicant’s household or family, an authorized representative of the applicant or, if the applicant is a minor or incapacitated, someone acting on behalf of the applicant:
(a) Over the Internet;
(b) By telephone;
(c) By mail;
(d) In person; and
(e) Through other commonly available electronic means.
(3) The department and the authority may require an applicant or person acting on behalf of an applicant to provide only the information necessary for the purpose of making an eligibility determination or for a purpose directly connected to the administration of medical assistance or the health insurance exchange.
(4) The department and the authority shall provide application and recertification assistance to individuals with disabilities, individuals with limited English proficiency, individuals facing physical or geographic barriers and individuals seeking help with the application for medical assistance or recertification of eligibility for medical assistance:
(a) Over the Internet;
(b) By telephone; and
(c) In person.
(5)(a) The Department of Human Services and the authority shall promptly transfer information received under this section to the Department of Consumer and Business Services, the United States Department of Health and Human Services or the Internal Revenue Service as necessary for the determination of eligibility for the health insurance exchange, premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions.
(b) The Department of Human Services shall promptly transfer information received under this section to the authority for individuals who are eligible for medical assistance because they qualify for public assistance.
(6) The Department of Human Services and the authority shall accept from the Department of Consumer and Business Services an application and any verification that was submitted to the Department of Consumer and Business Services by an applicant or on behalf of an applicant in order for the Department of Human Services or the authority to determine the applicant’s eligibility for medical assistance. [Formerly 414.047; 2010 c.73 §3; 2011 c.720 §101; 2013 c.14 §3; 2013 c.688 §41; 2015 c.3 §41]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.