Home Care Commission
- • membership
- • rules
(1) The Home Care Commission is created, consisting of nine members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate as provided in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation). Five members shall be elderly persons or persons with disabilities who are receiving or who have received home care services. One member shall be appointed to represent each of the following entities, or a successor entity, for as long as a comparable entity exists:
(a) Governor’s Commission on Senior Services;
(b) Department of Human Services;
(c) Oregon Disabilities Commission; and
(d) Oregon Association of Area Agencies on Aging and Disabilities.
(2) The members shall be appointed for terms of three years. A member is eligible for reappointment and may serve no more than three consecutive terms. When making appointments to the commission, the Governor may consider recommendations from the entities listed in subsection (1) of this section and other organizations representing the interests of elderly persons and persons with disabilities.
(3) If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The Governor shall select annually from the membership of the commission a chairperson who serves at the pleasure of the Governor. The chairperson or majority of the members of the commission then in office shall have the power to call regular or special meetings of the commission. The commission shall meet at a place, date and hour determined by the commission.
(6) Members of the commission shall be paid compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) from such funds as may be available to the commission.
(7) Meetings of the commission shall be open and public in accordance with ORS 192.610 (Definitions for ORS 192.610 to 192.690) to 192.690 (Exceptions to ORS 192.610 to 192.690). Records of the commission shall be open and available to the public in accordance with ORS 192.410 (Definitions for ORS 192.410 to 192.505) to 192.505 (Exempt and nonexempt public record to be separated). The commission shall meet regularly with the executive director of the Home Care Commission to make recommendations and set policy, to approve or reject reports of the executive director, to adopt rules and to transact other business.
(8) A quorum of the commission shall consist of a majority of the members of the commission then in office. All decisions of the commission shall be made by a majority of all the members then in office.
(9) The commission shall, in accordance with ORS chapter 183, adopt and enforce rules to carry out the provisions of ORS 410.595 (Legislative intent and findings) to 410.625 (Authority of commission).
(11) Members of the commission are officers of the state and the commission is a state commission for purposes of ORS 30.260 (Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300) to 30.300 (ORS 30.260 to 30.300 exclusive) and 278.120 (Claims management) and ORS chapter 180.
(12) The chairperson may sign, on behalf of the commission, contracts or agreements that the commission authorizes or is required to execute. [2001 c.901 §2; 2007 c.70 §179; 2007 c.797 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.