(1) Assessment rate means the rate established by the Director of Human Services under ORS 409.802 (Rate of assessment).
(2) Assessment year means a 12-month period, beginning July 1 and ending the following June 30, for which the assessment rate being determined is to apply.
(3) Gross revenue:
(a) Means the revenue paid to a long term care facility for patient care, room, board and services, less contractual adjustments; and
(b) Does not include:
(A) Revenue derived from sources other than long term care facility operations, including but not limited to donations, interest and guest meals, or any other revenue not attributable to patient care; and
(B) Hospital revenue or revenue derived from hospital operations.
(4) Long term care facility has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), but does not include an intermediate care facility for persons with mental retardation.
(5) Medicaid patient days means patient days attributable to patients who receive medical assistance under a plan described in 42 U.S.C. 1396a et seq.
(6) Patient days means the total number of patients occupying beds in a long term care facility for all days in the calendar period for which an assessment is being reported and paid. For purposes of this subsection, if a long term care facility patient is admitted and discharged on the same day, the patient shall be deemed to occupy a bed for one day. [2003 c.736 §15; 2005 c.757 §3; 2007 c.70 §358; 2007 c.780 §7]
Note: 409.800 (Definitions) is repealed January 2, 2028, and applies to long term care facility assessments imposed before July 1, 2026. See sections 23 and 31, chapter 736, Oregon Laws 2003, as amended (second note under 409.900 (Civil penalties for failure to report)).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information