Definitions for ORS 409.290 to 409.300
(1) "Crisis line" means an emergency telephone service staffed by persons who are trained to provide emergency peer counseling, information, referral and advocacy to victims of family or teen dating violence and their families.
(2) "Director" means the Director of Human Services.
(3) "Domestic violence" means abuse as defined in ORS 107.705 (Definitions for ORS 107.700 to 107.735) between family and household members, as those terms are defined in ORS 107.705 (Definitions for ORS 107.700 to 107.735).
(4) "Family violence" means the physical injury, sexual abuse or forced imprisonment, or threat thereof, of a person by another who is related by blood, marriage or intimate cohabitation at the present or has been related at some time in the past, to the extent that the person’s health or welfare is harmed or threatened thereby, as determined in accordance with rules prescribed by the director.
(5) "Safe house" means a place of temporary refuge, offered on an "as needed" basis to victims of family violence and their families.
(6) "Shelter home" means a place of temporary refuge, offered on a 24-hour, seven-day per week basis to victims of family violence and their children.
(7) "Teen dating violence" means:
(a) A pattern of behavior in which a person uses or threatens to use physical, mental or emotional abuse to control another person who is in a dating relationship with the person, where one or both persons are 13 to 19 years of age; or
(b) Behavior by which a person uses or threatens to use sexual violence against another person who is in a dating relationship with the person, where one or both persons are 13 to 19 years of age. [Formerly 108.610; 2012 c.69 §4; 2015 c.400 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.