Oregon Women Veterans Coordinator
The position of Oregon Women Veterans Coordinator is created in the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. The responsibilities of the coordinator include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Conducting outreach and providing assistance to women veterans and their spouses and dependents regarding veterans’ benefits and other benefit programs that provide services and resources to women veterans and their spouses and dependents.
(2) Providing assistance in applying for federal and state veterans’ benefits and aid that women veterans and their spouses and dependents may be entitled to and helping to appeal any denial of benefits and aid.
(3) Developing and distributing informational materials for women veterans and their spouses and dependents regarding veterans’ benefits and other benefit programs that provide services and resources to women veterans and their spouses and dependents. [2015 c.752 §1]
Note: 406.075 (Oregon Women Veterans Coordinator) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 406 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Section 2, chapter 752, Oregon Laws 2015, provides:
Sec. 2. No later than September 15, 2018, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs shall prepare and submit a report to the standing and interim committees of the Legislative Assembly that have authority over the subject area of veterans’ affairs regarding the implementation and status of the position of Oregon Women Veterans Coordinator in the department. The report shall include, at a minimum, information regarding the following:
(1) The number of women veterans, and spouses and dependents of women veterans, served;
(2) The type of assistance provided by the coordinator;
(3) Recommendations for the improvement and expansion of the services provided by the coordinator; and
(4) Recommendations for legislation. [2015 c.752 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.