2015 ORS § 404.120¹
County sheriff to adopt search and rescue plan
- • contents
- • annual review
(1) The sheriff of each county shall adopt a search and rescue plan for the county. The search and rescue plan shall set forth search and rescue policies, including policies for implementation of multicounty search and rescue activities, for the county that comply with the relevant provisions of the National Incident Management System Incident Command System established by Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 of February 28, 2003, and shall describe procedures for implementing those policies. A county search and rescue plan shall list and describe materials, mutual aid agreements, equipment and personnel available within the county for search and rescue incidents. The plan shall also include:
(a) A detailed description of activities and circumstances that constitute search and rescue in the county.
(b) Identification of volunteer organizations available to the county for use for search and rescue.
(c) Procedures for contacting and requesting assistance from volunteer organizations during search and rescue activities.
(d) Procedures for contacting and requesting available assistance from other agencies and groups.
(e) Minimum standards for individuals whose technical or professional skills may be required for search and rescue.
(2) A county search and rescue plan adopted under this section shall require a person in charge of a search and rescue to complete a fact sheet for the incident. The fact sheet shall contain the incident number assigned under ORS 404.130 (Search and rescue incident number) for search and rescue and such other information required under the search and rescue plan of the county.
(3) The sheriff of each county shall review and, if necessary or desirable, revise the search and rescue plan annually. After the initial adoption of a search and rescue plan under this section and after each annual review or revision of the plan, the sheriff shall submit the plan to the Search and Rescue Coordinator appointed under ORS 404.100 (Search and Rescue Coordinator).
(4) The Office of Emergency Management, after consultation with the Oregon State Sheriffs Association, may establish guidelines for county search and rescue plans.
(5) The Office of Emergency Management shall annually publish and distribute to the sheriff of each county a search and rescue resource inventory, which shall include materials, equipment and personnel available from counties, agencies and the State of Oregon for use in search and rescue incidents. [Formerly 401.573]