General district powers
Every radio and data district shall have power:
(1) To have and use a common seal.
(2) To sue and be sued in the name of the district.
(3) To construct, reconstruct, acquire, maintain, upgrade and operate radio and data communication facilities and equipment, including land, buildings, improvements and other property needed to maintain two-way radio and data emergency communications within the district and to connect with other emergency communications facilities and networks within and outside of the district.
(4) To acquire by lease, purchase, gift, devise, condemnation proceedings or otherwise such real and personal property and rights of way, either within or without the limits of the district as, in the judgment of the district board, are necessary or proper to fulfill the purposes of the district, and to pay for and hold the same.
(5) To make and accept any and all contracts, deeds, leases, releases and documents of any kind that, in the judgment of the district board, are necessary or proper to the exercise of any power of the district, and to direct the payment of all lawful claims or demands.
(6) To assess, levy and collect taxes to pay the cost of acquiring sites for and constructing, reconstructing, altering, operating and maintaining any property, equipment or facilities that may be acquired, or any lawful claims or demands against the district, and the operating expenses of the district.
(7) To employ all necessary agents and employees.
(8) To make and enforce rules and regulations for the proper operations of the district.
(9) To prohibit any person that violates any rule or regulation from thereafter using the facilities of the district for such period as the district board may determine.
(10) To call necessary or proper district elections after the formation of the district.
(12) To establish and collect reasonable fees and charges to support district operations and the maintenance and operation of district property, facilities and equipment.
(13) Generally to do and perform any and all acts necessary and proper to the complete exercise and effect of any of the district’s powers or the purposes for which the district was formed. [2009 c.584 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information