- • duties and powers
- • appointment by district board
- • terms and qualifications of members
(1) A district board shall appoint an advisory committee to advise and assist the board in carrying out the purposes of ORS 403.300 (Definitions for ORS 403.300 to 403.380) to 403.380 (Advisory committee). An advisory committee consists of one representative from each public or private safety agency included within the district. Members of the advisory committee must reside within the district.
(2) A member of an advisory committee shall serve for a term of two years. Of the members first appointed, however, one-half of the members shall serve for a term of one year. The respective terms of the members must be determined by lot at the first meeting of the advisory committee.
(3) The advisory committee shall meet not less than four times a year to review the policies and practices of the district board. The advisory committee shall also meet on the call of the district board. The advisory committee may adopt rules for the conduct of its proceedings.
(4) The advisory committee may propose changes to any of the board’s rules, policies or practices as it deems necessary or desirable. In addition to its other functions and duties, the advisory committee shall review the annual budget of the district. The advisory committee shall meet with the district board and may make recommendations relating to the budget that the committee considers necessary or prudent. [Formerly 401.857]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.