General district powers
A 9-1-1 communications district has the power:
(1) To have and use a common seal.
(2) To sue and be sued in its name.
(3) To make and accept any and all contracts, deeds, leases, releases and documents of any kind which, in the judgment of the board, are necessary or proper to the exercise of any power of the district, and to direct the payment of all lawful claims or demands.
(4) To assess, levy and collect taxes to pay:
(a) The cost of acquiring sites for and constructing, reconstructing, altering, operating and maintaining the components of the emergency communications system within the 9-1-1 service area;
(b) A lawful claim against the district; and
(c) The operating expenses of the district.
(5) To employ all necessary agents and assistants.
(6) To call elections after the formation of the district.
(8) To do and perform any and all acts necessary and proper to the complete exercise and effect of any of its powers or the purposes for which it was formed. [Formerly 401.842; 2015 c.247 §27]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.