State and local agency earthquake drills
- • rules
(1) Each state or local agency shall drill agency employees working in office buildings on emergency procedures so that the employees may respond to an earthquake emergency without confusion or panic.
(2) The state or local agency shall conduct the drills annually in accordance with Office of Emergency Management rules.
(3) The drills must include familiarization with routes and methods of exiting the building and the earthquake emergency response procedure recommended by the Federal Emergency Management Agency known as “drop, cover and hold on.”
(4) Consistent with rules of the Office of Emergency Management, the state or local agency may drill earthquake emergency response procedures in addition to “drop, cover and hold on” when the state or local agency determines, based on evaluation of specific engineering and structural issues related to an office building, that “drop, cover and hold on” may not be the most effective earthquake emergency response procedure to prevent or limit injury or loss of life.
(5) The Office of Emergency Management may, by rule or on application, grant exemptions from the drill requirement for good cause.
(6) As used in this section, “state or local agency” means a state or local office, department, division, bureau, board or commission that is assigned, renting, leasing, owning or controlling office space for carrying out its duties. “State or local agency” includes the Legislative Assembly when in regular session. [Formerly 401.538; 2013 c.266 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.