Oregon Disaster Response Fund
- • rules
(1) The Oregon Disaster Response Fund is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. Moneys received from federal grants for disaster response efforts shall be deposited into the Oregon Disaster Response Fund. Moneys in the fund are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Military Department to be used to:
(a) Help state agencies and local government units with immediate disaster response and recovery efforts related to federally declared disasters in this state; and
(b) Implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a federally declared disaster in this state during the period of immediate recovery from the disaster.
(2) The Oregon Disaster Response Fund may receive gifts, grants, bequests, endowments and donations from public and private sources for purposes related to the fund.
(3) The Office of Emergency Management of the Oregon Military Department shall adopt rules for the disbursement of moneys from the Oregon Disaster Response Fund.
(4) If there are expenditures from the Oregon Disaster Response Fund, the Adjutant General of the Oregon Military Department shall report to the Emergency Board, or to the Legislative Assembly if it is in session, on:
(a) The nature and severity of the disaster;
(b) The actual and projected deposits into the fund;
(c) The sources of actual and projected expenditures from the fund;
(d) The nature of in-kind donations received; and
(e) The rationale for expenditures and allocation of payments to state agencies and local government units.
(5) Following the final expenditure for a particular disaster, the Adjutant General of the Oregon Military Department shall issue a final report to the Emergency Board, or to the Legislative Assembly if it is in session. The report must include an aggregate description of the factors described in subsection (4) of this section. [2008 c.18 §5]
Note: 401.534 (Oregon Disaster Response Fund) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 401 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.