Oregon Homeland Security Council
(1) The Oregon Homeland Security Council is created within the Office of Emergency Management. The council shall:
(a) Receive briefings on security matters:
(A) For which the office is responsible at least annually from state agencies and organizations as determined by the council; and
(B) Relating to catastrophic disasters declared by the Governor pursuant to Article X-A, section 1, of the Oregon Constitution, or states of emergency declared by the Governor pursuant to ORS 401.165 (Declaration of state of emergency).
(b) Advise state agencies with responsibility for security matters on the future direction of the office’s planning, preparedness, response and recovery activities.
(2) The membership of the council consists of:
(a) Four members from the Legislative Assembly appointed as follows:
(A) Two members from the Senate appointed by the President of the Senate; and
(B) Two members from the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(b) The Governor;
(c) The Adjutant General;
(d) The Superintendent of State Police;
(e) The Director of the Office of Emergency Management; and
(f) A representative of the Department of Justice appointed by the Attorney General.
(3) Each member appointed to the council under subsection (2) of this section serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. The membership of a public official ceases upon termination of the office held by the official at the time of appointment to the council.
(4) The Governor is the chairperson of the council.
(5) The Adjutant General is the vice chairperson of the council and serves as the chairperson in the absence of the Governor.
(6) Members of the council are not entitled to compensation under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). The director, in the director’s discretion, may reimburse members of the council as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) for actual and necessary travel or other expenses incurred in the performance of their duties as members of the council. [Formerly 401.881; 2012 c.32 §2; 2019 c.282 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.