System for notification of emergencies
- • emergency management coordinators
- • rules
(1)(a) The Department of State Police shall maintain a system for the notification and interagency coordination of state resources in response to emergencies involving multijurisdictional cooperation between the various levels of government and private business entities.
(b) The department shall provide the Office of Emergency Management with a service level agreement that describes the continued daily operations and maintenance of the system, the services and supplies needed to maintain the system 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and the policies and procedures that support the overall notification system.
(2) The notification system shall be managed by the Office of Emergency Management as a continuously available communications network and a component of the state’s emergency operations center.
(3) The notification system shall be the primary point of contact by which any public agency provides the state notification of an emergency or disaster, or requests access to state and federal resources.
(4) Each department of state government, and those agencies of state government identified in the statewide emergency management plan prepared under ORS 401.052 (Responsibilities of Office of Emergency Management) as having emergency service or administrative responsibilities, shall appoint an emergency management coordinator as their representative to work with the Office of Emergency Management on the development and implementation of emergency plans and procedures.
(5) The Office of Emergency Management shall adopt rules relating to the planning, administration and operation of the notification system maintained under this section. [Formerly 401.275]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.