- • award
- • duration
- • ineligible courses of study
(1) Subject to the availability of funds, the Oregon Military Department shall contract with the Higher Education Coordinating Commission to disburse to qualified applicants, awards made to the applicants on behalf of the Oregon National Guard Scholarship Program as determined by the Oregon Military Department.
(2) If the qualified applicant who receives a scholarship under ORS 399.245 (Definitions for ORS 399.245 to 399.265) to 399.265 (Award prior to completion of service requirement) meets the standards of the Oregon Military Department for renewal of the scholarship, the scholarship may be renewed upon application until the applicant has received a scholarship for a total of four undergraduate years.
(3) A qualified applicant who receives a scholarship under ORS 399.245 (Definitions for ORS 399.245 to 399.265) to 399.265 (Award prior to completion of service requirement) must attend the qualified institution of higher education upon which the scholarship application was based unless the commission authorizes the scholarship to be used at a different institution.
(4) No scholarship shall be made to any student enrolled in a course of study required for or leading to a degree in theology, divinity or religious education. [1989 c.717 §2; 2011 c.637 §264; 2013 c.747 §155]
Note: See note under 399.245 (Definitions for ORS 399.245 to 399.265).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.