- • duties
(1) The Adjutant General shall be the Director of the Oregon Military Department, and Chief of Staff to the Governor. The Adjutant General shall be the Commander of the Oregon National Guard.
(2) The Adjutant General shall be charged, under the direction of the Governor, with the supervision of all matters pertaining to the administration, discipline, mobilization, organization and training of the Oregon National Guard and the Oregon State Defense Force.
(3) The Adjutant General shall perform all duties required by the laws of the United States and of the State of Oregon, and the regulations issued thereunder, now or hereafter promulgated.
(4) The Adjutant General may employ such deputies, assistants and other personnel as the Adjutant General shall deem necessary to assist the Adjutant General in the performance of those duties required of the Adjutant General as Director of the Oregon Military Department. The Adjutant General shall fix the compensation of such deputies, assistants and other personnel in accordance with then existing state laws, budgetary restrictions and employment policies.
(5) The Adjutant General shall supervise the preparation and submission of all returns and reports pertaining to the militia of the state as may be required by the United States.
(6) The Adjutant General shall be the channel of official military correspondence with the Governor, and shall, on or before November 1 of each year, make a report to the Governor of the transactions, expenditures and condition of the Oregon National Guard. The report shall include the report of the United States Property and Fiscal Officer.
(7) The Adjutant General shall be the custodian of records of officers and enlisted personnel and all other records and papers required by law or regulations to be filed in the office of the Adjutant General. The Adjutant General may deposit with the State Archivist for safekeeping in the official custody, records of the office of the Adjutant General that are used for historical purposes rather than the administrative purposes assigned to the office of the Adjutant General by law.
(8) The Adjutant General shall attest and record all military commissions issued by the Governor and keep a roll of all commissioned officers, with dates of commission and all changes occurring in the commissioned forces.
(9) The Adjutant General shall record, authenticate and communicate to troops and individuals of the militia all orders, instructions and regulations.
(10) The Adjutant General shall cause to be procured, printed and circulated to those concerned all books, blank forms, laws, regulations or other publications governing the militia needful to the proper administration, operation and training thereof or to carry into effect the provisions of this chapter and ORS chapters 398 and 399.
(11) The Adjutant General shall have an appropriate seal of office and affix its impression to all certificates of record issued from the office of the Adjutant General.
(12) The Adjutant General shall render such professional aid and assistance and perform such military duties, not otherwise assigned, as may be ordered by the Governor.
(13) The Adjutant General shall, in time of peace, perform the duties of quartermaster general and chief of ordnance.
(14) The Adjutant General may issue regulations as described in ORS 396.125 (Governor as Commander in Chief) (1) if authority is delegated to the Adjutant General by the Governor. [1961 c.454 §10; 1989 c.360 §3; 1989 c.361 §3; 2001 c.104 §137; 2005 c.512 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.