Oregon Recreation Trails Advisory Council
- • members
- • appointment
- • terms
- • duties
- • expenses
- • officers
- • quorum
- • meetings
(1) There is established an Oregon Recreation Trails Advisory Council consisting of seven members, at least one from each congressional district in the state. However, not less than two of such members shall be from separate counties bordering upon the ocean shore. Members of the council shall be appointed by the State Parks and Recreation Commission and shall serve at the pleasure of the commission for terms of four years. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the commission shall appoint a successor. A member shall be eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the commission shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(2) The commission and the State Parks and Recreation Department shall consult with the council from time to time with respect to matters relating to Oregon recreation trails, including the designation and establishment of Oregon recreation trails, the selection of rights of way, the selection, erection and maintenance of markers along the trail routes and the administration of the trails.
(3) Members of the council shall serve without compensation, but the department may pay expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(4) The council shall select one of its members as chairperson.
(5) A majority of the members of the council constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(6) The council shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or a majority of the members of the council. [1971 c.614 §8; 1981 c.545 §7; 1991 c.257 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information