Passes for use of parts of Deschutes River
- • rules
- • fee
- • exemption from fee
- • disposition of moneys
(1) The State Parks and Recreation Department shall establish, by rule, a system for issuing passes necessary to comply with the requirements under ORS 390.851 (Activities prohibited on parts of Deschutes River without pass). The department shall establish a reasonable fee for issuance of a pass under this section. The department may establish any form of proof of payment of the user fees that it deems appropriate.
(2) The system for issuance of passes established by the department under this section may include issuance of the passes by governmental entities or private persons who have entered into appropriate agreements with the department for issuance of the passes. Agreements under this subsection may include, but are not limited to, terms providing for locations for the collection of fees, methods the department determines appropriate to assure payment of moneys collected and provisions for the distribution of river-user information.
(3) The department shall issue, without charge, annual passes to comply with the requirements under ORS 390.851 (Activities prohibited on parts of Deschutes River without pass) to persons who own ranch, farm or residential property immediately abutting those portions of the Deschutes River designated as scenic waterways under ORS 390.826 (Designated scenic waterways) and to members of the immediate family of such persons. This subsection does not authorize the issuance without charge of passes to persons holding less than a majority interest in a firm, corporation or cooperative organization which owns land immediately abutting the Deschutes River designated as scenic waterways under ORS 390.826 (Designated scenic waterways).
(4) Moneys collected under this section shall be deposited in the separate fund established for the State Parks and Recreation Department under ORS 366.512 (Collection of certain registration fees for State Parks and Recreation Department Fund) and, subject to the limitations under subsection (5) of this section, are continually appropriated to that department to be used:
(a) For operation of the pass system established under this section;
(b) For providing river-user oriented law enforcement services;
(c) For providing river recreation information and education;
(d) For developing and maintaining river oriented recreation facilities; and
(e) For any other purposes the department considers appropriate for the maintenance, enhancement or protection of the natural and scenic beauty of the scenic waterway consistent with ORS 390.805 (Definitions for ORS 390.805 to 390.925) to 390.925 (Enforcement).
(5) The use of moneys for purposes described under subsection (4) of this section is limited to the performance of those purposes for areas of the Deschutes River designated as scenic waterways under ORS 390.826 (Designated scenic waterways). [1981 c.798 §2; 1985 c.606 §4; 1987 c.291 §2; 1987 c.624 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.