Duties of State Parks and Recreation Department
- • grants for lifesaving services
- • minimum standards
- • rules
In addition to the other duties of the State Parks and Recreation Department, the department shall:
(1) Make grants to cities, counties and rural fire protection districts to reimburse them for funds used to make capital acquisitions for and pay expenses incurred in providing lifesaving services along the ocean shore as provided in ORS 390.285 (Application by local governing body for reimbursement) and 390.290 (Schedule for reimbursement of local governing bodies).
(2) Determine the eligibility of a city, county or rural fire protection district for, and the amounts of, such matching fund grants.
(3) Establish and adopt minimum standards for lifesaving services at such places.
(4) Advise governing bodies how to acquire and qualify for matching fund grants.
(5) Adopt rules to carry out ORS 390.270 (Definitions for ORS 390.270 to 390.290) to 390.290 (Schedule for reimbursement of local governing bodies). [1973 c.673 §3; 1985 c.395 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.