- • meetings
- • function
- • delegation of authority
(1) The Governor shall designate one member as chairperson, and the members shall select such other officers, for such terms and with such duties and powers necessary for the performance of such offices as the State Parks and Recreation Commission determines appropriate.
(2) A majority of the members of the commission constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(3) The commission shall meet at least once every three months at a time and place determined by the commission. The commission also shall meet at such other times and places as are specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the commission.
(4) It is the function of the State Parks and Recreation Commission to promote the policy of this state toward outdoor recreation resources identified in ORS 390.010 (Policy of state toward outdoor recreation resources) and establish the policies for the operation of the State Parks and Recreation Department in a manner consistent with the policies and purposes of this chapter. In addition, the commission shall perform any other duty vested in it by law.
(5) Except for the commission’s power to adopt rules, the commission may delegate to the State Parks and Recreation Director the exercise or discharge in the commission’s name of any power, duty or function, of whatever character, vested in or imposed by law upon the commission, with the exception of the powers, duties and functions described in ORS 390.121 (Powers of commission) (1). The official act of the director acting in the commission’s name and by the commission’s authority shall be considered an official act of the commission. [1989 c.904 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.