State Parks and Recreation Commission
(1) There is established a State Parks and Recreation Commission consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) All appointments of members of the commission by the Governor are subject to confirmation by the Senate pursuant to ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(4) The Governor shall appoint one member of the commission from each of the congressional districts of this state, one member from among individuals who reside west of the summit of the Coast Mountain Range and one member from among individuals who reside east of the summit of the Cascade Mountain Range.
(5) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1989 c.904 §4; 1997 c.249 §123; 2013 c.1 §53]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.