- • petition requirements
(1) This section establishes the procedure for determining whether a city shall issue bonds for the construction of an interstate bridge under ORS 381.605 (City construction, operation and financing of interstate bridges). The question shall be decided by election. The city council:
(a) May order the election on its own resolution; or
(b) Shall order the election when a petition is filed as provided in this section.
(2) The order of the city council calling the election shall set out the amount of bonds proposed to be issued, the length of time they shall run and the maximum rate of interest they shall bear.
(3) The requirements for preparing, circulating and filing a petition under this section shall be as provided for an initiative petition in ORS 250.265 (Prospective petition) to 250.346 (Retention of petition materials), except that notwithstanding ORS 250.325 (Procedure following filing of initiative petition), the council shall not consider adoption or rejection of the measure before submitting the measure to the city electors.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3) of this section, if ORS 250.255 (Application of ORS 250.265 to 250.346) makes ORS 250.265 (Prospective petition) to 250.346 (Retention of petition materials) inapplicable to a city, the requirements for preparing, circulating and filing a petition under this section shall be as provided for an initiative petition under the city charter or an ordinance adopted under the city charter.
(5) An election under this section shall be held on a date specified in ORS 221.230 (Election dates). The election shall be conducted under ORS chapters 246 to 260. [1983 c.350 §251 (enacted in lieu of 381.610)]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.