Definitions for ORS 376.705 to 376.825
Unless the context otherwise requires, the definitions contained in this section shall govern the construction of ORS 376.705 (Definitions for ORS 376.705 to 376.825) to 376.825 (Improvements on mall).
(1) “City” includes every county, city, and city and county within this state. “The city” means the particular county, city, or city and county, acting pursuant to ORS 376.705 (Definitions for ORS 376.705 to 376.825) to 376.825 (Improvements on mall).
(2) “Legislative body” means the legislative body of the city.
(3) “Street” as used in the definitions of the terms “city streets,” “mall intersection” and “intersecting streets,” defined in subsections (4), (6) and (7) of this section, means any public street, road, highway, alley, land, court, way or place of any nature open to the use of the public.
(4) “City street,” as used with regard to streets located within a city or city and county, means any street located within the city or city and county, except a freeway, state highway, or county highway. “City street,” as used with regard to streets located within a county, means any street, located within the county, except a throughway as defined in ORS 374.010 (“Throughway” defined) or state highway as defined in ORS 373.010 (Routing and marking state highways through cities).
(5) “Pedestrian mall” means one or more city streets, or portions thereof, on which vehicular traffic is or is to be restricted in whole or in part and which is or is to be used exclusively or primarily for pedestrian travel.
(6) “Mall intersection” means any intersection of a city street constituting a part of a pedestrian mall with any street, which intersection is itself part of the pedestrian mall.
(7) “Intersecting street” means any street which meets or crosses a pedestrian mall at a mall intersection but includes only those portions thereof on either side of a mall intersection which lie between the mall intersection and the first intersection of the intersecting street with a public street or highway open to vehicular traffic.
(8) “Assessment roll” means the assessment roll or rolls used by the county for purposes of city ad valorem taxes on real property.
(9) “Improvements” means the improvements referred to in ORS 376.720 (Powers of city with respect to pedestrian mall) (1). [1961 c.666 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.