General powers of district
A highway lighting district may:
(1) Make contracts.
(2) Hold, receive and dispose of real and personal property within and without its described boundaries.
(3) Do all other acts and things requisite, necessary or convenient in carrying out the objects of the district or exercising the powers expressly conferred upon it by this chapter.
(4) Sue and be sued, plead and be impleaded in all actions and suits or other proceedings brought by or against it.
(5) Have and exercise within and without its boundaries the same rights and powers as other local governments as defined in ORS 174.116 (Local government and local service district defined), in purchasing and selling real property and rights of way, to be exercised in the manner authorized.
(6) Purchase in the open market or obtain from other public utility corporations, electric energy for lighting purposes and poles, wires, conduits, lighting fixtures and all types of property necessary to enable the district to carry out its purposes.
(7) Enter into contracts with any person:
(a) For the construction, maintenance and operation, or any of these, of the lighting facilities or any one or more of such services.
(b) For the renewal, upkeep and maintenance of the lighting facilities or any part thereof.
(c) For the use of any lighting facilities if and when owned by such person.
(8) Contract with the state, by and through the Department of Transportation, and its successors in interest, with respect to any phases of the lighting of any highway within the district which is owned by the state or under its control. [Amended by 1971 c.514 §14; 2003 c.802 §110]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information