As used in this chapter unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “County board” means board of county commissioners or county court of a county.
(2) “County” means the county in which the district, or the greatest length of highway to be illuminated, is located.
(3) “District” means a highway lighting district formed under this chapter.
(4) “District board” or “board of commissioners” means the governing body of a district.
(5) “Highway” means any road or way open to public travel.
(6) “Owner” or “landowner” means the holder of record title to real property or the vendee under a recorded land sale contract, if there is such a contract. [Amended by 1955 c.80 §1; 1971 c.514 §1; 1983 c.83 §83]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.