Engineer to compile improvement cost
- • source of payment
- • reimbursement of source
- • additional work
(1) After the improvement has been made, inspected by the engineer and accepted by the county court, the engineer shall compile the total cost of the improvement. When compiling the total cost of the improvement, the engineer may add the actual and estimated future costs for engineering and administration. Where the improvement includes the construction and installation of lateral sewers, street mains or similar facilities, the engineer shall separately compile the total cost of those improvements.
(2) Payment of the cost of the improvement other than for the construction and installation of lateral sewers and street mains or similar facilities shall be made from the general road funds or from any funds available for the construction or improvement of county roads. Payment of the cost of the construction and installation of lateral sewers and street mains or similar facilities shall be made from any funds available to the county for such improvements.
(3) The funds expended for the improvement shall be reimbursed or the improvement warrants shall be retired to the extent of the proceeds of an assessment against the land benefited by the improvement, but no assessment shall be made against any operating railroad right of way without the consent of the owner thereof. Each landowner shall be assessed a portion of the cost of the improvement corresponding to the relative benefit to the land of the landowner from the improvement.
(4) All of the cost of improvements within intersections connected with any improvement under ORS 371.605 (Definitions for ORS 371.605 to 371.660) to 371.660 (Delinquent list) may be borne by the county.
(5) Unless notified to the contrary by the owner prior to the acceptance of bids for improvements under ORS 371.605 (Definitions for ORS 371.605 to 371.660) to 371.660 (Delinquent list), an existing driveway shall be reconstructed to the property line to conform with the new grade. Additional driveways or other road connections, including retaining walls, may be constructed simultaneously with the improvements, when a written request is filed with the county court prior to the acceptance of bids by the affected abutting landowners. The cost of the driveway and all requested work shall be charged to the abutting owner and added to the assessment against the land of the owner. [Amended by 1953 c.573 §2; 1955 c.773 §6; 1961 c.432 §2; 1971 c.327 §5; 1973 c.461 §3; 1987 c.615 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information