District excluded from other districts
- • certain unexpended funds credited to district
- • city within district may make levies
(1) Upon the organization of a road assessment district the entire area thereof shall be excluded by such organization from any existing road district theretofore existing and shall not be included within any other road district thereafter created during the life of the road assessment district.
(2) Upon the organization of the road assessment district there shall be credited to it the portion of all special road district levies unexpended in the county treasurer’s office, or levied upon and uncollected, derived from the area within the road assessment district, except the amounts levied upon and remaining uncollected, or remaining unexpended in the county treasurer’s office, derived from assessments upon property within a city included within the road assessment district, which shall be paid to the city as provided by law prior to June 16, 1945, for use by the city upon its local streets.
(3) The inclusion of a city within the road assessment district shall not prevent the city from levying general or special taxes or assessments upon the property within the city for the purpose of improvement, maintenance, repair or reconstruction of the city streets as authorized or permitted by law or the charter of the city. [Amended by 2003 c.802 §109]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.