Copy of assessment resolution to county assessor
- • duty of assessor
- • collection and accounting
- • separate fund
(1) The secretary of the board of directors shall, after the apportionment of the assessment, certify a copy of the resolution levying and apportioning the assessment, to the county assessor of the county in which the district is situated.
(2) The county assessor shall extend the assessment so made against all taxable property within the district in the same manner as county taxes are entered by the assessor on the assessment roll.
(3) The assessments shall be collected and accounted for and the collection enforced in the same manner as the taxes of the county, except that the tax collector shall collect and account for the district assessments separately.
(4) When paid to the county treasurer such moneys shall be held and carried in a fund to be designated ______ Road Assessment Fund. All warrants of the district shall be drawn against and shall be paid from this fund. However, whenever the district secretary shall furnish bond as provided by ORS 198.220 (Bond or letter of credit for member of district governing body) the treasurer shall deliver all funds in the Road Assessment Fund to the secretary on demand. Thereafter the secretary shall disburse the funds on order of the board of directors. [Amended by 1955 c.227 §7; 1963 c.364 §3; 1969 c.345 §8; 1973 c.305 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information