As used in the Oregon Receivership Code:
(1) “Affiliate” means:
(a) With respect to an individual:
(A) A companion of the individual;
(B) A lineal ancestor or descendant, whether by blood or adoption, of the individual or a companion of the individual;
(C) A companion of an ancestor or descendant described in subparagraph (B) of this paragraph;
(D) A sibling, aunt, uncle, great-aunt, great-uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, grandniece or grandnephew of the individual, whether related by the whole or the half blood or adoption, or a companion of any of them; or
(E) Any other individual occupying the residence of the individual; and
(b) With respect to any person:
(A) Another person that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the person;
(B) An officer, director, manager, member, partner, employee or trustee or other fiduciary of the person; or
(C) A companion of, or an individual occupying the residence of, an individual described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of this paragraph.
(2) “Companion” means spouse or domestic partner.
(3) “Domestic relations suit” has the meaning given that term in ORS 107.510 (Definitions for ORS 107.510 to 107.610).
(4) “Entity” means a person other than a natural person.
(5) “Estate” means the entirety of the property over which a receiver is appointed.
(6) “Executory contract” means:
(a) A contract, including an unexpired lease, under which the obligations of both parties are so far unperformed that the failure of either to complete performance would constitute a material breach excusing the performance of the other; or
(b) A contract, including an unexpired lease, under which a party has an unexercised option to require its counterparty to perform.
(7) “Foreign action” means an action in a federal or state court outside of this state.
(8) “Insolvency” means a financial condition of a person such that:
(a) The sum of the person’s debts and other obligations is greater than a fair valuation of all of the person’s property, excluding:
(A) Property transferred, concealed or removed with intent to hinder, delay or defraud any creditors of the person; and
(B) Any property exempt from execution under any law of this state; or
(b) The person is generally not paying debts as they become due.
(9) “Interested person” means any person having a claim against the owner or a claim or interest in any estate property.
(10) “Lien” means a charge against or interest in property to secure payment of a debt or the performance of an obligation.
(11) “Owner” means the person over whose property a receiver is appointed.
(12) “Party” means:
(a) When used in relation to an action, a person named in the caption of the action; or
(b) When used in relation to a contract, a signatory to the contract.
(13) “Person” means an individual, corporation, limited liability company, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, cooperative, business trust, governmental entity or other entity, of any kind or nature.
(14) “Property” includes all right, title and interests, both legal and equitable, in or with respect to any property with respect to which a receiver is appointed, including any proceeds, products, offspring, rents or profits, regardless of the manner by which the property has been or is acquired.
(15) “Receiver” means a person appointed by the court as the court’s agent, and subject to the court’s direction, to take possession of, manage or dispose of property.
(16) “Receivership” means an action in which a receiver is appointed.
(17) “Residential property” means real property:
(a) Upon which are situated four or fewer residential units, one of which is occupied as a principal residence by the owner, the owner’s spouse or a dependent of the owner; and
(b) Where residential use is the primary activity occurring on the real property.
(18) “Security interest” means a lien created by agreement.
(19) “Special notice list” means a special notice list maintained by a receiver as required under ORS 37.160 (Mailing and special notice lists to be maintained by receiver).
(20) “State agency” has the meaning given that term in ORS 36.110 (Definitions for ORS 36.100 to 36.238).
(21) “Utility” means a person providing any service regulated by the Public Utility Commission. [2017 c.358 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.