Notice by service
(1) When the law requires notice to owners of certain real property by service, the person providing notice by service may have notice personally served or may have the notice mailed.
(2) A person providing notice shall accomplish notice that is personally served by obtaining a signed acknowledgment of receipt of notice from:
(a) The person being served; or
(b) A person 18 years of age or older who resides at the address of the person being served.
(3) A person providing notice by mail shall accomplish notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address of the person being served.
(4) A person’s refusal to sign a receipt for notice that is personally served or mailed under this section is a waiver of any objection based on nonreceipt of the notice in any proceeding.
(5) Except where the person providing notice under this section has personal knowledge of a more appropriate address for the notice, the address to be used for notice personally served or mailed under this section is the address of the person to be served as shown on the tax rolls.
(6) A person serving notice under this section must serve notice at least 30 days before the date of the proceeding that is the subject of the notice. [1981 c.153 §44]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.