The Legislative Assembly finds that:
(1) Entrepreneurial approaches to the acquisition, design, management and financing of transportation projects will accelerate cost-effective project delivery.
(2) Entrepreneurial approaches can bring substantial benefits to the public in transportation project development and execution.
(3) Risk management is a critical component of partnerships for transportation projects.
(4) Successful implementation of an Oregon innovative partnership program for transportation projects requires that risk in a project be managed and shared by public and private sector participants, with the partner best able to control a risk bearing responsibility for the risk.
(5) The Legislative Assembly and the executive branch of government accept responsibility for providing predictability for partnerships for transportation projects and for allowing negotiated agreements to be implemented.
(6) The development, acquisition and construction of transportation projects creates jobs and furthers economic development in Oregon by, among other things:
(a) Increasing the economy and efficiency of public transportation, improving the flow of commerce into and around the state and the surrounding region, improving the attractiveness of Oregon to new businesses and supporting the operations and prosperity of existing businesses; and
(b) Improving the movement of people into and around the state and the surrounding region, alleviating congestion and crowding and reducing the burdens on existing public transportation systems and transportation facilities. [2003 c.790 §1]
Note: 367.800 (Findings) to 367.824 (Rules) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 367 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information