- • conditions
- • repayment
(1) In addition to the authority for short-term borrowing granted in ORS 286A.025 (Issuance and sale of bonds) (2)(d) and 286A.045 (Borrowing for current expenses), the Department of Transportation, acting through the State Treasurer, may borrow money by entering into a credit agreement, a line of credit or a revolving line of credit, or by issuing a note, a warrant, a short-term promissory note, commercial paper or another similar obligation, for the following purposes:
(a) Providing matching funds as set forth in ORS 366.564 (Borrowing to match federal moneys).
(b) Providing funds with which to pay when due the principal or interest of bonded indebtedness created for highway purposes, the payment of which is necessary to preserve the financial credit of the state.
(c) Meeting emergencies.
(d) Providing funds for use by the department during times when expenditures exceed revenues, whether or not the department anticipated that expenditures would exceed revenues.
(e) Providing funds for the payment of current expenses in anticipation of revenue, grants or other moneys intended for payment of the current expenses.
(f) Providing funds for interim financing of a capital asset or project to be undertaken by the department.
(g) Refunding an outstanding obligation.
(2) Short-term borrowing under this section may be in such denominations or for such sums as the department fixes and may draw interest at a negotiated rate.
(3) The total outstanding indebtedness created by the short-term borrowing under this section may not exceed $100 million in outstanding principal amount.
(4) All short-term borrowing issued pursuant to this section shall mature within three years from the date of issuance.
(5) The department shall pay for and secure short-term borrowing under this section with funds from the State Highway Fund or other funds that are legally available to the department for the purposes for which the moneys were borrowed, including moneys received by the department from the United States government. ORS 286A.035 (Bond budget authorization) does not apply to borrowings under this section. [Formerly 366.605; 1969 c.427 §1; 1975 c.614 §11; 1981 c.94 §32; 1981 c.311 §1; 1991 c.793 §3; 2003 c.201 §18; 2007 c.783 §165]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.