Grants from Multimodal Active Transportation Fund
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation shall establish the Multimodal Active Transportation Program. The department may provide, from moneys in the Multimodal Active Transportation Fund established under ORS 367.091 (Multimodal Active Transportation Fund), grants for transportation projects to public bodies and to private entities.
(2) The department shall adopt rules specifying the process by which a public body or private entity may apply for a grant under this section and prescribing the terms and conditions of grants. An applicant receiving a grant must provide 30 percent of the moneys required for the transportation project.
(3) The Oregon Transportation Commission shall select transportation projects to be funded with moneys in the Multimodal Active Transportation Fund. Before selecting bicycle and pedestrian transportation projects, the commission shall solicit recommendations from the advisory committee created by ORS 366.112 (Bicycle lane and path advisory committee). [2019 c.491 §24]
Note: See note under 367.091 (Multimodal Active Transportation Fund).
Note: Sections 28 and 29, chapter 491, Oregon Laws 2019, provide:
Sec. 28. (1) Each biennium, in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, the State Parks and Recreation Department shall allocate, for bicycle and pedestrian transportation projects to meet recreation and transportation needs, up to $4 million of lottery revenues designated for outdoor recreation improvement projects.
(2) Each biennium, the State Parks and Recreation Department shall allocate one-half of the funding described in subsection (1) of this section for the purpose of providing grants for bicycle and pedestrian transportation projects through local and regional grant programs.
(3) Each biennium, the State Parks and Recreation Department shall allocate one-half of the funding described in subsection (1) of this section for the purpose of funding bicycle and pedestrian transportation projects on signature, scenic or recreation trails within the State of Oregon. [2019 c.491 §28]
Sec. 29. Section 28 of this 2019 Act is repealed on January 2, 2025. [2019 c.491 §29]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information