Roadside memorial sign
- • Tyrone Woods
- • fees
- • rules
(1) Subject to subsection (2) of this section, to recognize and honor Tyrone Woods for his service to the United States, the Department of Transportation shall erect and maintain a roadside memorial sign on Oregon Route 213, near milepost 2.
(2) The department may not erect a roadside memorial sign until the department receives the payment of a fee. The department shall determine the amount of the fee by rule, except that the fee may not exceed the direct and indirect expenses associated with erecting, maintaining and removing a roadside memorial sign.
(3) The department shall deposit the fees that the department collects under this section into the Roadside Memorial Fund established under ORS 366.932 (Roadside Memorial Fund).
(4) A public body, as defined in ORS 174.109 (“Public body” defined), may not expend moneys for the purpose of paying the fee required under subsection (2) of this section.
(5) The department, by rule, shall establish the size, design and location of the roadside memorial sign erected under this section. The sign must include the name of the individual the sign is recognizing. [2013 c.391 §1]
Note: See note under 366.918 (Police Chief Ralph Painter Memorial Highway).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.