Definitions for ORS 359.200 to 359.255
(1) "Art dealer" means an individual, partnership, firm, association or corporation, other than a public auctioneer, that undertakes to sell a work of fine art created by another.
(2) "Artist" means the creator of a work of fine art or, if the artist is deceased, the artist’s personal representative, heirs or legatees.
(3) "Consignee" means an art dealer who receives and accepts a work of fine art from a consignor for the purpose of sale or exhibition, or both, to the public on a commission or fee or other basis of compensation.
(4) "Consignment" means delivery of a work of fine art to an art dealer for the purpose of sale or exhibition, or both, to the public by the art dealer at other than a public auction.
(5) "Consignor" means an artist or any person who delivers a work of fine art to an art dealer for the purpose of sale or exhibition, or both, to the public on a commission or fee or other basis of compensation.
(6) "Fine art" means:
(a) An original work of visual art such as a painting, sculpture, drawing, mosaic or photograph;
(b) A work of calligraphy;
(c) A work of original graphic art such as an etching, lithograph, offset print, silk screen or other work of similar nature;
(d) A craft work in materials including but not limited to clay, textile, fiber, wood, metal, plastic, glass or similar materials; or
(e) A work in mixed media such as a collage or any combination of the art media described in this subsection. [1981 c.410 §1; 1985 c.830 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.