2015 ORS § 359.040¹
Duties of Arts Program
To carry out its objectives the Arts Program of the Oregon Business Development Department shall:
(1) Develop programs and plans:
(a) To encourage broad public participation in, and understanding of, programs in the arts.
(b) To encourage public interest in conserving and understanding the cultural and artistic heritage of the state and of its people.
(c) To encourage increased recognition of the contributions of the arts to the richness of community life and to the development of the individual.
(d) To assist communities within the state in establishing or conserving local cultural, historical and artistic programs.
(e) To stimulate and encourage throughout the state the presentation, enjoyment and study of the arts among the youth and elderly people.
(f) To encourage and facilitate, where feasible, wider circulation throughout the state of noteworthy programs, productions, exhibitions and performances which demonstrate the artistic and cultural resources and accomplishments of the people of Oregon.
(g) To encourage and facilitate, where feasible, programs, productions, exhibitions and performances in Oregon of outstanding works of art and artistic talent in the fields of the arts, which may be brought from outside the state.
(2) Develop, maintain and make available to the public, information concerning:
(a) The cultural and artistic resources and activities within the state.
(b) The organizations and groups conducting, supporting or fostering programs and activities involving the employment, conservation and presentation of such resources.
(3) Advise and assist upon request and within the limits of the funds available:
(a) The Governor and other state officers, public agencies, the legislature, communities of the state and the public concerning the development, housing, presentation and conservation of the artistic and cultural resources within the state.
(b) State agencies concerning the acceptance and disposition of gifts of art to the state.
(4) Develop an honors program in the arts, which includes the means for recognizing distinguished artists and other Oregon citizens whose creative works or effort or whose services of philanthropy on behalf of the arts are such as to merit the official appreciation of the people of Oregon.
(5) Manage the Trust for Cultural Development Account established by ORS 359.405 (Trust for Cultural Development Account). [1967 c.321 §8; 1993 c.209 §9; 2003 c.713 §2]