Compensation of officers and employees
- • conflicts of interest
(1) Oregon Health and Science University may authorize receipt of compensation for any officer or employee of the university from private or public resources, including but not limited to income from:
(b) Appearances and speeches;
(c) Intellectual property conceived, reduced to practice or originated and therefore owned within the university;
(d) Providing services or other valuable consideration for a private corporation, individual or entity, whether paid in cash or in kind, stock or other equity interest, or anything of value regardless of whether there is a licensing agreement between the university and the private entity;
(e) Performing public duties paid by private organizations, including university corporate affiliates, that augment an officers or employees publicly funded salary. Such income shall be authorized and received in accordance with policies established by the university; and
(f) Providing medical and other health services.
(2) The university may not authorize compensation, as described in subsection (1) of this section, that, in the universitys judgment, does not comport with the missions of the university or substantially interferes with an officers or employees duties to the university.
(3) Any compensation described and authorized under subsection (1) of this section is considered official compensation or reimbursement of expenses for purposes of ORS 244.040 (Prohibited use of official position or office) and is not considered an honorarium prohibited by ORS 244.042 (Honoraria). If authorization or receipt of the compensation creates a potential conflict of interest, the officer or employee shall report the potential conflict in writing in accordance with policies of the university. The disclosure is a public record subject to public inspection.
(4) Compensation described and authorized under subsection (1) of this section that is not paid by Oregon Health and Science University is not salary for purposes of ORS chapter 238 or 238A.
(5) The university shall adopt standards governing employee outside employment and activities of employees, including potential conflicts of interest, as defined by the university and consistent with ORS 244.020 (Definitions), and the public disclosure thereof, and procedures for reporting and hearing potential or actual conflict of interest complaints. [1995 c.162 §24; 1999 c.291 §10; 2007 c.877 §27; 2018 c.54 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information