Higher Education Coordinating Commission
- • members
- • confirmation
(1) There is established a Higher Education Coordinating Commission, consisting of nine voting members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The Governor shall appoint:
(a) One member from each of the five congressional districts in this state; and
(b) Four members of the general public.
(3) The Governor shall also appoint five nonvoting members to the commission. The Governor shall elicit recommendations for appointments made under this subsection from official student, faculty and nonfaculty staff organizations at community colleges and public universities listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities). The five nonvoting members of the commission shall consist of:
(a) One student at a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities);
(b) One faculty member at a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities);
(c) One student at a community college in this state;
(d) One faculty member at a community college in this state; and
(e) One nonfaculty member of the staff from either a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities) or a community college.
(4) The term of office of each voting member is four years and the term of office for each nonvoting member is two years. A member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The Governor may at any time, for cause, remove any member of the board that the Governor has appointed, after notice and public hearing, but not more than three members shall be removed within a period of four years, unless it is for corrupt conduct in office.
(6) The appointment of voting members of the commission is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(7) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [Formerly 351.715]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.