In addition to making the findings under ORS 350.001 (Legislative findings), the Legislative Assembly finds that:
(1) Oregonians need access to educational opportunities beyond high school and throughout life.
(2) To meet the societal and individual needs described under ORS 350.001 (Legislative findings), Oregonians have created and should sustain diverse institutions of higher education, both independent and state-assisted.
(3) These institutions have developed the intellectual capacity of Oregonians and have prepared thousands of them for productive and fulfilling careers.
(4) These institutions should provide educational access to all segments of Oregon’s diverse population.
(5) These institutions provide research that generates knowledge value essential for Oregon’s economic growth.
(6) These institutions engage the professional expertise of their faculties to solve social problems.
(7) These institutions provide important cultural activities and services that add to Oregon’s quality of life. [Formerly 351.003]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.