As used in ORS 348.584 (Provision of information about affordability and value of institutions of higher education) and 348.586 (Prohibited promotional activities for institutions of higher education), “institution of higher education” means:
(1) A public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities);
(2) A community college as defined in ORS 341.005 (Definitions for chapter);
(3) The Oregon Health and Science University;
(4) A career school as defined in ORS 345.010 (Definitions for ORS 345.010 to 345.450 and 345.992 to 345.997);
(6) A private post-secondary institution that meets the criteria set forth in ORS 348.597 (Applicability of ORS 348.594 to 348.615) (2)(a). [2014 c.84 §2; 2016 c.30 §4]
Note: 348.582 (Definitions) to 348.586 (Prohibited promotional activities for institutions of higher education) were added to and made a part of ORS chapter 348 by legislative action but were not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.