Application of ORS 345.010 to 345.450
(1) Instruction or training solely avocational or recreational in nature or to institutions offering such education exclusively.
(2) Instruction or training sponsored or offered by a bona fide trade, business, professional or fraternal organization or by a business primarily for the organization’s membership or the business’s employees.
(3) Instruction or training sponsored, offered or contracted by organizations, institutions or agencies, if the instruction or training is advertised or promoted to be in the nature of professional self-improvement or personal self-improvement and the instruction or training is not:
(a) Advertised or promoted as leading to or fulfilling the requirements for licensing, certification, accreditation or education credentials; or
(b) Leading to an occupation, employment or other activity for which a person may reasonably expect financial compensation.
(4) Courses offered in hospitals that meet standards prescribed by the American Medical Association or national accrediting associations for nursing.
(5) Courses, instruction or training offered for a limited number of hours, as defined by rule of the Higher Education Coordinating Commission.
(6) Schools offering only courses of an advanced training or continuing educational nature when offered solely to licensed practitioners and people previously qualified or employed in the profession for which a course is being offered.
(7) Courses, instruction or training offered to prepare a student to become certified as a nursing assistant or a medication aide in compliance with standards prescribed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
(8) Schools that the Higher Education Coordinating Commission:
(a) Determines are adequately regulated by other means that guarantee the school meets the standards described in ORS 345.325 (Minimum standards); and
(b) As a result of the determination described in paragraph (a) of this subsection, grants an exemption from the licensure requirements of ORS 345.010 (Definitions for ORS 345.010 to 345.450 and 345.992 to 345.997) to 345.450 (Annual inspection fee).
(9) Schools offering only review instruction to prepare a student to take an examination to enter a profession, where the student has completed prior training related to the profession.
(10) Schools described in ORS 348.597 (Applicability of ORS 348.594 to 348.615) and, except as provided in ORS 345.017 (Application of ORS 345.010 to 345.450 to school that confers academic degrees), schools approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission to confer or offer to confer academic degrees under ORS 348.606 (Prohibition on conferring or offering of degree before approval obtained).
(11) Any parochial or denominational institution providing instruction or training relating solely to religion and that does not grant degrees. [Amended by 1961 c.268 §2; 1965 c.529 §13; 1975 c.478 §3; 1979 c.148 §1; 1979 c.387 §2; 1989 c.333 §2; 1993 c.45 §261; 1995 c.343 §2; 1997 c.652 §32; 2005 c.546 §7; 2009 c.340 §3; 2011 c.637 §132; 2012 c.104 §21; 2013 c.49 §§1,2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.