(1) A public body may enter into a written cooperative agreement with a youth job development organization for the provision of services by youth participants in connection with a public resource project for the purpose of providing opportunities to develop job and workforce skills to the youth participants and to provide benefits to the public body.
(2) A cooperative agreement entered into under this section must specify, at a minimum, how the public body and the youth job development organization will:
(a) Assume responsibility for specific jobs or work tasks to be completed on the public resource project;
(b) Share the costs of utilizing youth participants, including but not limited to supervision and oversight, discipline, payment of wages or compensation and responsibility for workers’ compensation coverage; and
(c) Share management and financial responsibility for each public resource project, including but not limited to unforeseen events or circumstances that are associated with work performed by youth participants.
(3) In addition to the requirements of subsection (2) of this section, a cooperative agreement entered into under this section must contain assurances that the use of youth participants involves job training experiences for youth that are of limited, short duration and are not intended to displace, duplicate or replace the jobs of public or private employees involved in equivalent jobs or work tasks, impair existing contracts for services or prevent the hiring of seasonal employees.
(4) If a labor organization represents employees who are engaged in equivalent work, or a workers’ cooperative is engaged in similar work, to that proposed to be performed by youth participants, the labor organization or workers’ cooperative must be notified and be afforded a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 30 days prior to the execution of the cooperative agreement, in which to make comments and objections to the public body.
(5) The provisions of ORS chapters 279A, 279B and 279C do not apply to cooperative agreements entered into under this section.
(6) The terms of a cooperative agreement entered into under this section are subject to disclosure under ORS 192.311 (Definitions for ORS 192.311 to 192.478) to 192.478 (Exemption for Judicial Department). [2013 c.131 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.