Working hours for licensed personnel
- • duty-free lunch period required
- • exception
(1) School boards shall fix the working hours for full-time and part-time licensed staff members. They shall direct that full-time staff members be provided a time for a 30-minute continuous duty-free lunch period during the regularly scheduled lunch hours.
(2) Any school principal who fails to schedule a continuous 30-minute duty-free lunch period in accordance with this section shall be guilty of neglect of duty under ORS 342.865 (Grounds for dismissal or contract nonextension of contract teacher).
(3) No teacher shall by oral orders or written agreement fail to receive a 30-minute lunch period.
(4) School boards shall not be required to employ special personnel to supervise students during lunch periods.
(5) This section does not apply in school buildings where fewer than three teachers are employed. [1971 c.201 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.