- • certificates
(1) "School nurse" is established as a category of specialization in nursing.
(2) The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission shall issue a certificate as a school nurse to a person who complies with the rules established by the commission for the certification and practice of school nursing or who has been certified by the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a school nurse practitioner. In establishing rules for the certification and practice of any specialization of school nursing, the commission shall consider the recommendations of the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
(3) The commission may issue an emergency certificate that authorizes a person licensed as a registered nurse in this state who does not meet the requirements of subsection (2) of this section to practice as a school nurse. Such certificates shall be issued for a limited time as set by the commission.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (1) to (3) of this section, the commission shall issue a certificate in a school nurse specialization category to a registered nurse who applies for certification and who is employed by a school, school district or education service district to conduct and coordinate a school or district health services program or who serves in such a capacity on a voluntary basis on November 1, 1981. A certificate issued under this subsection shall be issued without further proof of qualification by the applicant.
(5) A certificate issued under this section is not a teaching license. The nurse holding a certificate issued under this section is not subject to ORS 238.280 (Eligibility for retirement) or 342.805 (Short title) to 342.937 (Reimbursement for teacher dismissal costs). [Formerly 678.515]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.