- • conditions on parking privileges
- • rules
- • penalty
(1) The board may adopt such regulations as it considers necessary to provide for the policing, control and regulations of traffic and parking of vehicles on property under the jurisdiction of the board. Such regulations may provide for the registration of vehicles, the designation and posting of parking areas, and the assessment and collection of reasonable fees and charges for parking and shall be filed in the board business office on the campus and shall be available for public inspection. The board may require that before a quarterly or yearly parking privilege for any vehicle is granted to any full-time or part-time student to use board property, the student must show that the vehicle is operated by a student holding a valid driver license, that the vehicle is currently registered and that the student driving the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability insurance policy that meets the requirements described under ORS 806.080 (Insurance) or that the student or owner of the vehicle has provided the Department of Transportation with other satisfactory proof of compliance with the financial responsibility requirements of this state.
(2) The regulations adopted pursuant to subsection (1) of this section may be enforced administratively under procedures adopted by the board. Administrative and disciplinary sanctions may be imposed upon students, faculty, and staff for violation of the regulations. The board may establish hearing procedures for the determination of controversies in connection with imposition of penalties.
(3) Upon agreement between the board and a city or county in which all or part of the community college campus is located, proceedings to enforce regulations adopted pursuant to subsection (1) of this section shall be brought in the name of the city or county enforcing the regulation in the circuit, justice or municipal court in the county in which the violation occurred.
(4) The regulations adopted pursuant to subsection (1) of this section may also be enforced by the impoundment of vehicles, and a reasonable fee may be enacted for the cost of impoundment and storage, if any, prior to the release of the vehicles to their owners.
(5) Every peace officer acting within the jurisdictional authority of a governmental unit of the place where the violation occurs shall enforce the regulations adopted by the board under subsection (1) of this section if an agreement has been entered into pursuant to subsection (3) of this section. The board, for the purpose of enforcing its regulations governing traffic control, may appoint peace officers who shall have the same authority as other peace officers as defined in ORS 133.005 (Definitions for ORS 133.005 to 133.400 and 133.410 to 133.450).
(6) Issuance of traffic citations to enforce the regulations adopted by the board under subsection (1) of this section shall conform to the requirements of ORS chapter 153. However, in proceedings brought to enforce parking regulations, it shall be sufficient to charge the defendant by an unsworn written notice in accordance with the provisions of ORS 221.333 (Parking ordinance violation).
(7) Violation of any regulation adopted by the board pursuant to subsection (1) of this section and enforced pursuant to subsection (3) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.513 §5; 1973 c.836 §346; 1981 c.35 §1; 1993 c.221 §2; 1997 c.801 §151; 1999 c.1051 §133; 2011 c.597 §184]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information