- • meetings
- • quorum
- • rules
- • journal
- • expenses
(1) After July 1 of each year, the board of a district shall meet and organize by electing a chairperson and a vice chairperson from its members.
(2) The board shall provide for the time and place of its regular meetings, at any of which it may adjourn to the next succeeding regular meeting or to some specified time prior thereto. Special meetings shall be convened by order of the chairperson of the board or upon the request of four board members at least 24 hours before such meeting is to be held, or by common consent of the board members. Notice of any special meeting shall be given to the members pursuant to bylaws of the board.
(3) A majority of the board members shall constitute a quorum. The affirmative vote of the majority of members of the board is required to transact any business.
(4) The board shall adopt rules for the government of the conduct of its members and its proceedings. The board shall keep a journal and, on the call of any one of its members, shall cause the yeas and nays to be taken and entered upon its journal upon any question before it.
(5) Any duty imposed upon the board as a body shall be performed at a regular or special meeting and shall be made a matter of record. The consent to any particular measure obtained from individual board members when the board is not in session shall not be an act of the board and shall not be binding upon the district.
(6) Members of the board shall receive no compensation for their services, but they shall be allowed the actual and necessary expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties. [1971 c.513 §2; 1973 c.725 §2; 1995 c.67 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.