Provision of services by district
- • rules
- • local advisory committees
(1) All areas within this state shall be served by a community college district. Such services may be provided either:
(a) Directly by formation of a community college district; or
(b) Indirectly by contract with an existing community college district.
(2) The Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development shall fix responsibility for serving each area that is not within a community college district. Where feasible, each area shall be a whole county or a group of counties or that part of a county not already in a community college district.
(3) In order to obtain the services described in subsection (1)(b) of this section, residents of a nondistrict area must indicate their interest in receiving services by requesting formation of a local advisory committee and seeking the advice and counsel of the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development.
(4) The Higher Education Coordinating Commission by rule shall establish standards for the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development to use determining when there is sufficient interest among the residents of a nondistrict area to warrant appointment of a local advisory committee.
(5) When the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development has made the determination under subsection (4) of this section, the office and the interested residents of the nondistrict area shall apply jointly to the governing body of the county for the appointment of a local advisory committee.
(6) Upon application, the governing body of the county shall appoint a local advisory committee and shall ensure that the committee is broadly representative of the nondistrict area.
(7) If the nondistrict area involves two or more counties, the governing body of each county shall appoint members to the local advisory committee in proportion to the number of county residents within the nondistrict area.
(8) The governing body of a county making appointments under subsection (6) or (7) of this section shall not be obligated to fund any part of the budget described in ORS 341.021 (Provision of service outside districts) (3).
(9) The duties of the local advisory committee shall include, but need not be limited to, advising the officials of the community college district serving the nondistrict area on the educational needs of the area.
(10) As used in ORS 341.019 (Provision of services by district) to 341.022 (Maximum reimbursable enrollments in nondistrict areas), “community college district” includes a community college service district. [1987 c.191 §2; 1991 c.757 §3; 2013 c.747 §45; 2015 c.366 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.